Have you picked up a dairy magazine lately? Most likely you have, and you have seen fantasy nonsense like this:
- “Don’t throw away cash.”
- “Hire talent, teach skill.”
- “Calibrate your 40 row corn planter.”
- “Lead your people.”
- “Multiparous cows are subject to hypocalcemia.”
- “Robot calf feeders still require observation.”
Some of these articles seem like no brainers. You can read the title and just cruise on by. You already know it doesn’t apply to you. And some you can just shake your head at and just wonder if that is really a problem. Others are a sleazy sales job, their way is the only way. I just read one the other day about how the only way to increase butterfat was to feed more bicarb, and the author…..sells bicarb. Imagine that.
That is not what Dairyhack is about.
Just like the name suggests it is the shortcuts, the secret codes, the stuff others won’t talk about. The systems, the scripts, the psychology behind what makes the best Dairies tick whether it is a small direct market or 5000 cows on multiple sites. A cow is a cow is a cow, but it is systems and consistency that separate the ones that can scale.
Dairyhack isn’t a pet my cow site. You won’t be seeing tweets about the sun coming up or getting emails about a calf that was born. You won’t be shamed into drinking more milk. And you won’t be told that whatever you are doing now is wrong.
Dairyhack is for people that take action.
Dairyhack is for those of us who want to be top performers.
There are only two rules when it comes to getting better at anything
- Seek out and learn from people that are already doing what you want to do.
- Practice. No one gets better without practice, every skill improves with practice
Hi, I am Jim VanDerlinde. I have been involved with a variety of operations over the last 20 years. From the show barns at Madison to managing 3000 cows and a little of everything in between. Currently, I tinker with 480 Jerseys in Central Pennsylvania. At every stop, I have been involved with adding cows, barns, and labor. Some of the latest technology and some of the dumbest fads. I created Dairyhack to bring those experiences to you. In an easily digestible format that is fun and practical. Inside I will show you:
- How to build a reliable staff, even if they are dummies.
- How to negotiate anything because everything is negotiable.
- How to approach empty facilities even if they have been empty for years.
- How to break the language barrier even if you do not want to learn the language.
- How to get consistent production even if you are organic or Canadian
- How to get vendors to want to work with you.
- How to build systems so your dairy can run without you being there.
There is always a way to improve your system. The small steps you can take can pay big returns. Join my list and I will send email updates every week with action steps you can use to improve the performance of your farm.
If you have read my most recent article in Progressive Dairyman there are a lot more, just like that, inside Dairyhack. Just enter your name and email for access!